Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

KATE IS 3!!




I cannot believe that Kate is 3 today! It seems like yesterday I was fussing at Scott and telling him that it was stupid to vacuum before we left for my planned C-Section at 5:30 a.m.!!! (He is still a neat freak, but boy has Kate relaxed him in that area!!) Most of my friends know that I had to go through IVF to get pregnant with Kate. Looking at her sweet face each day confirms 100% how much all of those shots were worth it!! She is even more adorable than I could have ever imagined when the sonogram tech told me I was going to have a little girl. She is the most unbelievable gift Scott and I could have ever hoped for & I praise God each night before I go to sleep for allowing us the privilege of being her parents.

I've always known I wanted to be a mother, but had no idea just how deep my love for a child could be. Being a teacher, I have taught/mothered some of the most precious little ones you will ever meet. But giving birth changes you for the better. I know that being a mother has made me a better teacher and having been a teacher has also made me a better mother. Not only did I always know I wanted to be a mother, I knew even more that I would give anything for a little girl. It is my mission to give to Kate the same kind of love that God extends to all His children - totally unconditional. I want to her to have life so much better than I did as a child. No matter where her path in life might lead her, I pray that she will always know that she can count on me and that I am her biggest fan.

Some of her faves these days are Elmo, Big Bird and anything Sesame Street; singing to the top of her lungs no matter where she is (I admit, I really egg her on sometimes), the book, The Napping House, and ME (she is the biggest Momma's girl on earth, and don't think I don't LOVE that!!).

I look forward to many more wonderful years watching her grow up. I hope that she will always know how much her daddy and I love her and what she has meant to us. I pray that she will be as kind as she is beautiful and always look for ways to serve others. Thank you, God, for our little miracle!

3 comments:

The Greers said...

that is such a sweet post, Tammy!!!! Being a mom is the best, most challenging, most rewarding job ever...isn't it?!?

The Greers said...

that is such a sweet post, Tammy!!!! Being a mom is the best, most challenging, most rewarding job ever...isn't it?!?

The Carter's said...

Tammy, I am just getting caught up on all of my blog reading! I love this post:)) It just made me cry! Kate is adorable!