Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

BLISS




When I was trying to get that "perfect picture" of Kate for our Christmas card, we ended up in the backyard - Kate running and me chasing. Last year I had to get a camera that would take a picture the instant I pressed the button because she was so fast. This year, I had to add a telephoto lens so that I could get close enough because she is out of the posing and hamming it up phase and won't let you get as close as you have to with a standard lens. Anyhow, at the end of our photo session, Kate decided she would jump on the trampoline for a while. I am not good at action shots, but these pictures of her jumping (with her back to me of course!) and that pony tail swishing in the air and her arms up in celebration just made me think how fortunate I am to have those things that money cannot buy and that to me is bliss - just being 100% happy in the moment (and unfortunately I don't think we take the time to realize how few times we stop to just be blissful). As I watched her jumping, I remembered doing the same thing as a little girl and how much fun it was. When she jumps she is totally into it. The best part is when she invites you to join her. Thank you, God, for the times when you allow me to see beyond that "perfect shot" to what really counts.

No comments: