Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

HAVE YOU EVER?

I am seriously thinking of writing a book called "Have You Ever..." For my (present and former)teacher friends, you will SO understand this. The other day, I gave my class this HUGE lecture about letting me be the teacher and them being the students and that how Mr. Thompson (our Headmaster) had complete confidence in my ability to lead the class spiritually and academically and that if he felt I needed an assistant, he would hire one for me. (Are you getting the picture that maybe I have a couple of self appointed "helpers" in my class?? Don't misunderstand, I love them and they are precious - pushy, but precious!) Anyhooo, a few days after the lecture, I was almost finished giving a spelling test - we were on number 14 of 15 words and one of my sweetest, non bosses has her hand raised. I called on her and she says, "I know you are capable of giving a spelling test and we are not supposed to tell you what to do, but I think you just called out all the wrong words." I looked down at the list of words and sure enough I had called the words from last week!!! I felt like a complete idiot and said something spectacular like "oops" and "let's just throw that away and start over." Maybe God was trying to show me that sometimes everyone needs a little helping hand.