Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

FUN AT THE FAIR





Well, 2008 brought another fun time at the Fair - especially at the Groovy Garden!! Kate actually got to make her grand entrance this year and boy did she have fun. I had so much fun watching how much fun she had that I didn't take pictures of anyone but her. The three of us went up on Wednesday afternoon. Janet and Poppa Jim graciously accepted the challenge to watch Kate while the grown ups went to the Cross Canadian Ragweed concert. The concert was good, but about halfway through, that "mommy intuition" made me want to check on my girl. I fully expected her to be asleep, but when I got back to the cabin, she was up and looking for her Momma. Janet said that she had conked out just after the concert started and that they didn't even get to take her to the Midway. Lee says that was probably for the best. She recommends that I "hide" the Midway from her a little while longer!! Kate had woken up just before I came back and was frantic and wanting me. It took me an hour and a half to play her out and convince her to go back to sleep. Kate and I were the first ones down for the night at 11:00 which everyone knows is VERY early at the Fair. It was my intention to just lie down with her until she nodded off, but being the old geezer that I am, I fell asleep and never made it back downstairs until morning.

Kate woke up raring to go the next morning. She had so much fun playing on the front porch and carrying Janet's paper plate sign around. (It said, "Absolutely no fun until I get back!") We look forward to next July and fun times with the Powells at the Fair!

No comments: